Monday, August 16, 2010

Rustic Food

I found Season One of "No Reservations" on Netflix instant play. Much to my enjoyment I found that episode one is where Tony goes to Paris, an episode that we watched in culinary school that was truly magical. I got to pondering while watching what made that particular episode magical to me and I realized it was because Tony wasn't eating fancy French food. In fact he was eating at the sort of restaurants that are very rustic and feels like home. So much of culinary school is making things look just right, placement on the plate and such, instead shouldn't it be fresh ingredients with lots of color?
Here is my challenge to myself, to try every recipe in the "French Women Don't Get Fat" cookbook. I also enjoy that the food is healthy, but rustic, and so flavorful that I only need a small (okay, okay normal by the French definition) sized portion to be satisfied. That is the point of the book isn't it? :-D So far, I have loved every recipe that I have tried!
I have started my Christmas knitting. Last year I knitted a scarf for both of my mothers-in-law. This year I am knitting for my family. I can't share yet what I am doing, but Dad's is done, Tim's Birthday is in the final stages, and Mom's is well under way. :-D
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment